Ever heard of the Liebster Award ? No neither have I… I guess I’m not such a social media addict as I claim to be (after all I only joined Twitter last night believe it or not. See I’m a woman of many words and simply cannot deal with being anyhow limited. I still remember how painful it used to be back in the days when a single text costed about £1 and had 160 characters including spacing (!) AndThenUEndUpHavingToDoThisToSaveSMSpaceAndEvnThsNInDEndNthgMadeSenseNMore…).
But anyway back to The Liebster Award. So basically a Liebster Award nomination is something you receive from a fellow blogger and last night I got very luck and received mine from a travel/foodie blogger par excellence Pinay Flying High. I’m honoured. And flattered. And a bit full of myself. As you do… See before I was a blogger (yes there was a life before blogging) I was a blog-reader and quite a ferocious one too. And Noemi’s blog was my favourite one. Then I got myself a blog and started “following” her. And then she started “following” me (and yes-I do realise how weird this makes me sound). And now I got this nomination thing from her. It’s all very unreal and strangely satisfying in a way. So Noemi or Pinay- whatever you prefer to be called in this amazing virtual world of bloggers- this is my very clumsy way of saying Salamat/ Thank you/ Dekuju !
Since we live in an arguably civilised society that just loves rules and laws for absolutely everything (recently I found out there are rules to what I’m allowed to wear on my way to the gym but more on that later), there are of course rules and laws to accepting the Liebster Nomination. And since I’m a law abiding rule obsessed blogger I’m gonna follow them :
You do not talk about the Fight club. Oops sorry- different set of rules. Right so the first rule says I should share 11 random facts about myself and my life. You guys ready for this? Here we go :
1. I think orange is a hideous colour on anything that’s not a piece of fruit
2. My goal in life is to become filthy rich and drive an Aston Martin to work, then a Lambo in the evenings and a Ferrari as a Sunday car. Feel free to call me a material girl.
3. I’m fluent in 4 languages (Czech, English, German and Italian) and trying to improve on my 5th one (Swedish) as we speak. In 5 years I’d like to be able to add Spanish and Arabic to the list. Some people collect stamps. I collect words.
4. If I could go back in time I’d tell the 21-year-old myself not to drink that huge bottle of gin in one sitting because it did make me sick as a dog and spoiled GT for me for the rest of my life (I went thru a phase of not being able to even smell gin without being physically sick afterwards).
5. I was the best man at my best friend’s wedding and his future mother-in-law has introduced herself to me during the ceremony and very discreetly whispered into my ear : “So did you two used to be lovers or something ?”
6. I love opera. My favourite one is La Traviatta closely followed by La Boheme.
7. I’m fascinated by long train journeys and cruise ships. One of the items on my Bucket List include taking the Orient Express and the Glacier Express. And when I retire the first thing I’m doing is booking a cruise on Nile.
8. I only regretted leaving uni twice. First time was when I couldn’t renew my student’s discount card. Second when I had to pay taxes on my earnings. Now I live in tax-free Dubai and hold a Face card. Life is perfect.
9. I choose to study Philosophy at uni. If you go back to point 2 and point 8 you may figure out why I never graduated.
10. I’m a huge fan of grand gestures and dramatic scenes. Hence point 6.
11. Not everything I say is always totally true. I think people call it “white lies”.
Now I have to answer questions that were given to me.
“Do you believe in luck?”
- I believe in feeling lucky. Believing in luck is an extension of believing that good things will happen to you if you want them to – which I do. So yes- I believe in good luck.
“If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and what would you eat?”
- I’d go to a tiny little valley located in the Northeast of the Czech Rep., knock on the door of one of the many places I call home right now and eat my mum’s amazing potato dumpling filled with bacon and sour kraut.
“The world is going to end in 10 seconds, who will you call and what 5 words will you say to them?”
- Crew scheduling. Won’t make it to work.
“Where did you spend you best vacation?”
- Every vaca is the best vaca!
“You have 1 million US dollars and have only 24 hours to spend it, what will you buy?”
- The cheapest tropical island I can find.
“If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?”
- If happiness was a currency I’m already a billionaire!
“What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?”
- Working out and looking after/out for myself.
“How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?”
- As old as the man I’m feeling? Is that how the saying goes?:)
“What’s something you know you do differently than most people?”
- Think. Not that other people don’t think. I just do it differently.
“If you had to move to a country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?”
- I’m ok here for now thank you.
“Why did you not choose the Philippines on the question before this?”
- Well maybe I will next time I get asked.
Create the next 11 questions for your own nominees.
- What/Who has inspired you to blog in the first place?
- The wildest thing you have NOT done?
- Can you keep a secret?
- Why not?
- What’s your favourite fairy tale and why?
- If you could be anyone else who would you choose to be?
- Cats or dogs?
- What the hell has happened to”How I met your mother”?
- The first song you have ever purchased on your ITunes?
- What’s the meaning of life?
- The one single thing you love about yourself and would never change?
Pick your nominees. Mine are *drumroll please* :
Let your nominees know (check) and thank the person who has nominated you (check).
Also- liebt ihr Liebster? Ich liebe euch!